February 19, 2004

MY GIRL KALI - (TIM YOUNG)

I think we all should become pirates, declare our true intentions, and then set sail! Let people laugh if they will, at least we are trying to dance. Sure, it is easy to stand on the side lines and sneer condescendingly. But who is going to be laughing when the dance is come to an end and it is time to hit the road? I'll have danced with that beautiful blue Chick over there, yeah, Her, the One with the ten arms, necklace of skulls around Her neck, wearing a skirt of severed arms, drinking blood from a skull bowl. Yeah Her. Nice, eh?

This is something She said to me:

Kali says,

I am the terror of Being.
I am the beginningless beginning,
the endless end.
Birth Mother, All Devouring Lover.
The joy of meeting.
The pain of parting.
The kiss and the bite.
The touch and the punch.
The blade and the dream of the dolphin.
I am nostalgia, smothering
in the attic.
I am Hope, refusing to get
off the couch.
Exiled, cast out, footsore vagrant,
slightly sinister
bum.
I am the returning hero,
brows bedecked with laurel,
the fragrance of burning
hecatombs pleasing to me,
carnage of the battle ground

I drown in blood,
and from it make life.
I am the lowest of the low,
turning disgrace to good red wine.
To become drunk on this vintage is to drink
from the lover's cup.
Behold me, and tremble.
With desire, not fear.
Recognize me and
redeem yourself.
Delight in my being,
taste the sweetness of your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home