March 24, 2004

WINDOWS AND VIRUSES

I've been casting a casual eye on the Symantec Security Response website to see how the virus war is going.

So far this month,

Number of viruses discovered: 84

Number of these viruses affecting non-Microsoft Windows systems: 0

[I've been trying to write a really good virus but my machine brfoiinjdse0y840q53-~~~~ - MoF]

[The only problem with my new computer is the horrible, disruptive, unintelligible, McAffee anti-virus software -PWP]

[Much as I value Symantec's site, I can only advise you to run, screaming, from their newest antivirus software. It has the worst rep of any such program that I can recall. And don't get me started about Mc(cough)ee! Word on the free AVG is good so far, but I haven't tried it yet. -UttDC]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home