May 20, 2004

THE I.T. CALL TO NATIONAL SERVICE

Ok, this is shameless, but it's time to be shameless. The Washington State Democratic Coordinated Campaign (Kerry plus Murphy etc) office, needs an occassional volunteer IT person. Does anybody know of anyone on your message groups of mystery who lives in Seattle who might be able to regularly volunteer some IT time for the Kerry Campaign? And does anyone know the answer to this minor yet vexing problem:

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100, I am trying to connect it to a Microsoft Natural keyboard through a PS/2 to USB adaptor, but my computer will not recognize the adaptor, I’m running XP

Don't let Kerry be defeated by XP! And thank you for indulging.

[If the adapter is not specifically designed for PS/2 keyboards, and possibly that keyboard in particular, you might be SOL. In any case, if it works, XP will not see the adapter, but the keyboard. Or perhaps I guessed wrong, and it's a USB keyboard that you want to adapt to the laptop's PS/2 port? Naaah.

Kerry has no hope against XP. -UttDC]

Nor do any of us. - FSL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home