August 10, 2004

This Deserves Its Own Headline

Edgar Martinez Announces Retirement

I remember seeing him play with the Mariners, in the Kingdome, when I lived in Seattle. He was playing when Griffey Jr. was with the team -- hell, when Griffey Sr. was with the team! He played in the I-can't-even-remember-what-they-looked-like-but-gosh-were-they-ugly uniforms!

October 2 will be designated "Edgar Martinez Day" at Safeco Field. I propose that on that day, Eisengeiste be titled "Edger Martinez Geiste."

3 Comments:

Blogger JAB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 10, 2004 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

HEAR HEAR! This gentleman had what I can only describe as heart - a joy to watch in person, dedicated to team and commmunity, blissfully bereft of grubby, greedy ego-massage. The pride and spirit of Seattle.

Too bad he doesn't run for governor.

August 10, 2004 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

Yes, Truly. I would go sofar as to say he is one of the top ten sportsmen of all time, ranked right up there with Gretsky and Farvre. BTW, I remember the uniforms. Sky-blue and gold with a kind of whimpy trident on them.

August 10, 2004 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home