January 06, 2005

I'll Take Waikiki

I've been on Maui since Saturday, and I'm beginning to see the appeal of Waikiki. I believe the primary appeal of Maui to many is that "it stays white out longer here." There is definately a predominant spirit of "I got mine -- fuck you" on this island. I'll live, but it still remains to be seen if I will be able to get off the island without sitting through a 100-minute time-share sales presentation (which, had they existed when the Geneva convention was penned, would certainly have been off-limits for prisoners of war).

I think you may have gathered that I'm ready to come home, now.

Oh, BTW: yesterday, I read a column by the travel writer of the local newspaper about his visit to Sequim. He remarked on eating a chicken-fried steak in the back room of Gwennie's restaurant. (The Viceroy and I had a couple of these each in November...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

MMMM...Gwennies chicken fried steak...Golden brown like a field of wheat blanketed in a creamy, cushion of gravey made from the drippings of the angels it is. Pencil in my triple bypass now.

January 6, 2005 at 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home