March 11, 2005

Bollenbach at the Seattle Art Museum Sales Gallery



(Artists of Ballard) Opening: Seattle Art Museum Sales Gallery, 5PM June 9th.

5 paintings, 3 sculptures in a sort of Artists of Ballard group show. (Yah, sure, dat's sure some picture' you got dere. Did ya just draw dat up like dat?) Something less than getting in the actual museum, but I'm not complaining.

You've seen it before: this 36" by 48" painting is very, very, very,very blue, and 52% of it was shown out of focus in Art in America. It will retail in the $2500-$4000 range, or rent for something like $100 a month. I have no idea how to price the smaller pieces, except perhaps by area. (In a ordinary gallery the gallery usually takes 40 or 50%. It's a little better here). If I sell everything, I can get a pony.

As Patrick O'Brian said, there's nothing that motivates an artist like the prospect of immediate gain.

3 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Well done! Well done!

March 11, 2005 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

Good job me boy! That will buy allot of hard earned Guinness.

March 12, 2005 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Undersecretary to the Deputy Commissariat said...

You go. We are awed. We're looking for wallspace for a commissioned work. (I hope you'll like what we did with your color study.)

If you can come up to advise, I believe I can guarantee at least two good bottles of scotch.

March 12, 2005 at 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home