April 22, 2005

And Step on It Mack

I neglected to mention a small but significant lifetime highlight in Chicago - leaving my room for the swanky lobby of the Inter-Continental Hotel, grabbing a cab, realizing that we had too many people, got another cab, and then, the glory, the epiphany, when I was forced to say-

"Follow that cab!"

Unfortunately, neither cab had any idea where the Chicago Cultural Center was.

Hmm. This suggests a test. Are cameras even necessary any more?

The Bruise show at Schuba's, whose stage had a great sound system. I was sitting at the table to the left, with Isobel and Jim.

I got a great Chicago hot dog, went to the zoo and saw this particular lion roaring, and after going in this door to the Art School, and then around to the proper entrance, I saw a big bunch of paintings of all kinds, many famous, and then I went to the station, no the above ground one, and rode the L.

Bringing a camera along is so 2002.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home