January 30, 2006

Hello

My friend X is visiting and told me about this humorous blog. He said some of you are in Seattle, where my firm has made a building. X says he is a political refugee, and has asked me to “provide content” to you while he searches for a safe place.

He says you are all obsessed with the outcome of the upcoming football match. I know very little of your football, but X brought me some videotapes of both the Seahawks and Steelers. From a stylistic point of view, I would say the Steelers are the 19th-century team, the equivalent of the railroad crew, moving forward only, relying on strength and discipline to defeat the forces that oppose them. One can almost hear the buffalo and Indians dying as they march down the field.

But the Seahawks demonstrate the superior understanding. The west coast offense is rigid, disciplined – an apparently closed and inflexible system. Yet at its core is this man Hasselbeck, wild, undisciplined, capable of anything, a dancer of chaos, interrogating the structure with his laughter and mad yearning for freedom. This is beautiful, and I hope they will triumph.

All the best,
JC at OMA

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Welcomd JC! I find you observations about American (NFL) Football to be very nuanced (for a foreigner). Your English is very good, too! Don't worry: should you visit our country, your blog posting (so far) is not annoying enough to have you arrested at US Customs.

January 30, 2006 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home