February 08, 2006

Ginny (Flint) Askerman

I know several of you will be sorrowful to hear of the death of Ginny Askerman, the mother of Chris, Brian and Kevin Flint, on Monday night in Arizona. As I understand it, Ginny had been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in December. It sounds like she died of severe side-effects of chemotherapy. Although she went quite fast, I understand her sons were with her.

I knew Ginny as a kid and only a little when I was an adult. She always struck me a deeply good person--fierce, gentle and funny--and I was pleased that she had found great happiness in recent years with Doug Askerman. They had moved to Arizona not that long ago.

3 Comments:

Blogger JAB said...

I am grieved to hear of her death; Ginny was a very sweet and funny woman. I know she'll be missed terribly.

February 8, 2006 at 11:19 PM  
Blogger VMM said...

She was a really special lady. I'll start digging for my contact info for Chris -- does anybody have it at hand?

February 9, 2006 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

I have an old email that I used to tell him of the death of our friend this summer. However, I received neither an error message nor a response.

February 9, 2006 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home