March 13, 2006

I'm kinda stunned.

As some (most?) of you know, I've been indulging my obsessive compulsive disorder by building a reasonably custom motorcycle (Photos courtesy of the multi-talented popmonkey)

I entered this bike into the Ducati Monster Challenge, where other folks who've similarly done stuff to their bikes compete at regional bike shows, and where the winners go on to compete at a national competition held at the opening AMA superbike races in Alabama.

Well, having come in a (dissapointing) 4th place in San Jose, I didn't think much more about this. Especially given more pressing concerns.

Today, out of the blue, I get a call from Gary Eagan (Iron Butt record holder and show organizer)

He says my 4th place finish was "A travesty" and that he's extending an invitation for me and my bike to attend the finals as a wildcard!

So Ducati is arranging an all expense paid trip for me and the bike in late April to Barber motorsport park (and Motorcycle Museum)

Crazy.

Next up: I kick custom bike builder Jesse James' ass, and steal Sandra Bullock from him.

7 Comments:

Blogger JAB said...

Heartiest, Sir, and well met! You have perfected a certain urban moto-aesthetic, neither singly aggressive nor self-consciously retro, and these new honors are mere trifles before the beauty of this motorcycle.

Also, I stand by my suggestion to add actual gas jets for firey turn signals.

March 13, 2006 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Latouche at Large said...

This is perfection of design. You show true understanding of Romantic Modernism.

March 13, 2006 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger Undersecretary to the Deputy Commissariat said...

That, and it looks way bitchin.

March 13, 2006 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Corresponding Secretary General said...

Very cool, to my untrained eye, bike. But I'm a bit worried about your appearance. Isn't time for silver chaps and a leather bandolier?

March 14, 2006 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Latouche at Large said...

I suggest you shave your head and get some Gucci glasses.

March 14, 2006 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger VMM said...

Huzzah!!! That's really cool.

(And yes -- GAS JETS!!!)

March 14, 2006 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

That's a good lookin bike. I can't imagine the number of hours you must have spend not watching TV to build it. Good luck.

March 17, 2006 at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home