September 12, 2006

I Can Remain Silent No Longer

Dr X. posts this from Applebee's:

"I have been silent. I have kept my counsel. I have told myself never to get mixed up in politics again. But this is outrageous.

"Five full years into a Republican administration, and foreigners are trying to make tipping mandatory. I'm telling you, I have enough to worry about pronging my simmered artichoke in lemon sauce without having some oddly-named mini-martinet shaking me down for a 'service fee.' I don't know where you're from, Mister Ulutas, but I haven't paid a 'service fee' since I bribed my ass out of Kinshasa airport, and I don't propose to start now! You take your 'mandatory service fee' back to Forcedgratuitistan or wherever the hell you're from, and leave us Americans to enjoy the ambiance of an incompetent, cynical and corrupt national government that, while an international laughingstock, does not force us to pay money to poor people who bring us food.

"Thank you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home