October 28, 2006

Now is the Time on Eisengeiste Where We Dance

For no reason, we honor Sprockets, with some choice quotes from Wikipedia.
  • "I am filled with remorse, and it is most delicious."
  • "His agony was gorgeous. I need to be slapped."
  • "Rühren mein Affe. Lieben meine Affe-monkey!"
  • "It was Twyla Tharp, or was it Vic Tayback, who once said of him: 'He is dance'."
  • "It had a good beat and was easy to dance to; I give it a fourteen."
  • "Sadly, Klaus is limited. But he is beautiful, is he not?"
  • "Your story has become tiresome."
  • "I appreciate a warm hand on my opening."
  • "Karl-Heinz, you are beautiful and angular; and if you were a gas, you'd be inert."
  • "Gregor Voss, your presence intimidates me to the point of humiliation. Would you care to strike me?"
  • "Textures intrigue me."
  • "Why is it that the truly brilliant are doomed to a life of obscurity, surrounded by a sea of mediocrity, only to end up covered by sores in a pool of their own filth? Oh well, the beat goes on."
  • "You have disturbed me almost to the point of insanity...There. I am insane now."
  • "Whore. Nun. Whorenun."
  • "Your anger is delicious."
  • "I feel spent, like a man who is forced to wear his genitals around his neck like a pendant."
  • "That poem pulls down my pants and taunts me. But not in a mean-spirited way."
  • "You will leggo my Eggo. Now."
  • "In your film, Irritant #4, the only two images were a baby's head and a toilet. Did you mean for me to scream?"
  • "That book looks at me when I'm naked and calls its friends."
  • "You are a master of exposing tedium."
  • "I love going to Oktoberfest, because they drink a lot there, and afterward you can skate home in other people's sick."

2 Comments:

Blogger Latouche at Large said...

Dr. X posts this from the Catskills:

"Comedy is so individual. But I think Mike Myers is the nexus point of our group's collective sense of humor.

"What pulls me in is the deep emotional intelligence of much of what he has done. Freud was right - most humor is sadistic. But Myers has, several times, dragged love into his work without destroying himself, a claim few comedians can make.

"Exhibit A: Top This

"What he says halfway through this interview with Lipton is the smartest thing I have ever heard a comedian say."

October 28, 2006 at 11:59 PM  
Blogger VMM said...

You are a master of exposing tedium.

October 29, 2006 at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home