June 24, 2007

In Which Your Secretary Saves a Mayor's Ass

I had a very interesting (to me) time of it this morning. I hooked up with some John Edwards Campaign volunteers to go down to the Sir Francis Drake Hotel (fine old building) on the occasion of Elizabeth Edwards addressing the Alice B. Toklas LGBT Democratic Club, our city's most venerable gay rights group, on the day of the Pride Parade.

One of my assignments was to stand by an-out-of-the-way door and direct traffic, a pretty boring and unrewarding task, until our Mayor decided to have a private meeting with Mrs. Edwards behind that very door. (For a political junkie, there are more interesting things to relate, but not in this public forum.) I noticed that the back of Mayor Newsom's suit was covered with some kind of dusty red fluff. "Mr. Mayor," I said, "May I groom you?" And I proceeding to pat down his honorable, and very handsome, behind. There are real benefits to being a pleasant-faced middle-aged lady!

3 Comments:

Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

For contributions in the public sector we present the CSG with the coveted "Golden Ass Jack" award for de-fluffing a public official in distress. Good Work!

June 24, 2007 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

I suppose the obvious question:

How exactly did the Mayor's ass get so covered in red dusty fluff?

June 25, 2007 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Undersecretary to the Deputy Commissariat said...

I'm afraid I've lost the password to the private forum where I can learn the more interesting bits. Could you post that, please?

June 25, 2007 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home