October 23, 2007

America: Total Surveillance Society

I still speak occasionally on behalf of the American Civil Liberties Union, so I was just reviewing the inexhaustible legal and moral assault on American freedom by the Bush administration, in particular regarding our kidnapping, torture and occasional murder of people in the course of the War on Terror, when I ran across the ACLU's really nice summary of the confluence of public and private initiatives which are rapidly creating the total surveillance society.

I can only take so much of this. I suggest you don't read it.

1 Comments:

Blogger alethea said...

At least in the states, you still have "some privacy rights". If you live/work on base overseas, big brother is always watching. There is a clause in the phone directory stating that all phone calls are subjected to monitoring as well as your computer usage. It's funny because you can tell when someone else is on the line. At least, I can enjoy my privacy living off base.

October 24, 2007 at 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home