August 20, 2009

The die is cast!

And now, some snark on the Eisengeiste League FF draft:

Monkeyaires: had you left well enough alone, you'd have Purple Jesus (Adrian Peterson) and two of the best wide receivers. As it is, I predict you will be scraping for running backs after the first four games.

Manchester 12Packers: pretty good draft, except for getting stuck with Brandon Marshall (4 game suspension, demanding to be traded, QB is Kyle Orton) in the fifth round.

The Acerbic Welsh: did you want Drew Brees, much? FYI: make sure to swap out your suspended/injured starters (Lynch/Avery). Nice Brees insurance with Cutler.

Revenge on Ice: really good draft. I like Michael "The Burner" Turner and Steve "Slaytan" Slaton in the first two rounds. QB survivability/backup (Warner/Roethlisberger) is the only question mark here. (Favre & Vick both available!)

Better than sects: good draft, Felix Jones, Darren McFadden, and Lance Moore may well turn out to be late-round steals (Kyle Orton -- not so much).

Terrifying Metaphors: I fear you may have been victim of what Jack Aubery would call "enthusiasm." As a Seahawks fan: I hope this works out for you!

Desmo Burnouts: your first five picks frightened me (in the most complimentary way). The rest of it didn't look as promising, but may not matter (until later in the season -- I hope :)

Cleveland Steamers: you swiped the PT Bruiser from under me! Good luck with Westbrook (I have him in my other league, and I'm already losing sleep).

Rootie Tooters: one can't have everything, but I was hoping for a better QB than Matt Schaub. (Favre & Vick both available!)

Wreckreators: not bad, just a bit over-the-hill-gang feel to the roster (LT, McNabb, Steven Jackson). On a good day, they'll be unstoppable...

4 Comments:

Blogger popmonkey said...

you sir, frighten me.

August 20, 2009 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger The Front said...

Ok, now when do we do the real draft?

August 21, 2009 at 12:45 AM  
Blogger JAB said...

Oh, I fully cop to that. But my exclusions are based on irrational hatred, if that helps.

August 21, 2009 at 1:12 AM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

Perhaps the NFL should make a short list of the players who are not under suspension.

August 22, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home