November 07, 2009

Youthful indiscretions

A correspondent suggests I ought to no longer to worry about my teenage indiscretions, presumably because my teenage years have receded so far into the distance as to be virtually unrecoverable. At least, I hope so. Which got me wondering, what is the statute of limitations on youthful indiscretions?

I mean, if, for example, I and my friends were playing an imaginary (but for school credit) socio-political game and I betrayed their trust and had their royal families kidnapped and killed...I mean, can someone really ever atone for that? When can we stop the hate? How many years must pass before we open our hearts in forgiveness?

I'm thinking about 50, but that's really just a trial balloon.

3 Comments:

Blogger popmonkey said...

if they're on facebook and have a scanner, you're screwed...

November 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

I for one, intend to hunt you down in your Golden Years and put Anthrax in your pudding.

November 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

That sounds a little harsh. I fully intend to mail you the Cipro after you post "Eric's Imaginary Country Rules All the Land". on this blog.

November 9, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home