February 04, 2011

In which I delegate this mission to my minions

As I subscribe to Gould's view of non-overlapping magisteria, further debate is pointless.

At the same time, however, I would hope to find a way to encourage you to modify your views, which I regard as muddled, empirical, and deterministic (the latter two not technically capable of coexistence). Since argumentation is unlikely to achieve this, I have settled on the development of an army of battle droids that will fire randomly while quoting liberally from the work of William James:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/DoctorX/JamesDroids.jpg?t=1296875185

I trust this will resolve matters satisfactorily.

6 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

"Non-overlapping magisteria" sounds like a great idea. Why don't you pitch it to Bill O'Reilly.

February 5, 2011 at 1:07 AM  
Blogger VMM said...

This is really a great concept, because, as Bill O'Reilly points out, science has absolutely no explanations for how tides work or how the moon got there.

February 5, 2011 at 1:09 AM  
Blogger The Front said...

Bill O'Reilly is an example of something that doesn't overlap.

February 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger VMM said...

I've been meaning to ask: is Stephen Jay Gould an expert in God, now?

February 5, 2011 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger The Front said...

Depends on whether you believe in the afterlife...

February 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger The Front said...

In any case, before he died I'd say he had pretty fair track record of calling bullshit on arrogant pseudoscience, from IQ tests to sociobiology.

You want to dis Stephen Jay Gould, we're going to have to start a new thread.

February 5, 2011 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home