October 02, 2011

The nightmare to come

I was at UCLA last week, and encountered some awkward moments when their parking personnel noticed the Palo Alto address on my driver's license (which must be submitted if you want to park). After assuring them I had no affiliation with Stanford University, and no desire to have one, they let me leave my car with them.

Why the bad vibes? Why the static? I suspect the Jungian subconscious had already let them in on the Very Bad Saturday waiting for them, as Andrew Luck faced off against the Vespa Clowns:
Stanford: 45
UCLA: 19
Luck: 23 of 27, 227 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, IAYPA: 8.4

Stanford has now won twelve in a row, the longest streak in the country, an observation that will be filed in the Mean Regression Archives. This too shall pass, my Bruins friends, although I hope not too quickly.

1 Comments:

Blogger JAB said...

The important thing here, the really important thing: the Huskies are 4 and 1. 4 and 1!!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/huskies/2011/10/03/huskies-crack-top-25-in-at-least-one-poll/

October 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home