October 30, 2017

Small observation

On Grace Slick's 78th birthday, just a small observation on the incendiary force that she could bring to a performance.  I was watching her performance at Woodstock, which was first thing in the morning, and they are standing there in front of 400,000 people, and the band are staring at their instruments like "how do I work this?" Slick seems pensive, then you see her just kind of center in, like - "you know what?  I am going to crush this."

Nothing will stand before me

The band follows out of sheer shame and terror, and eventually figures it out, mostly.  The whole thing hits ELEVEN around 3:07.  It's a Woodstock performance, so YMMV, but it's my kind of thing.

When the truth is found / to be lies...! 

Not asking for my money back.  Thanks, Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home