February 08, 2018

Notes on "Messner" (2012)

Atop Nanga Parbat in 1978




Well nobody's perfect.

Nanga Parbat is the SEMI-final boss

It's bigger

And still breathing







The moment I wake up I'm already there 
  'cause I am obsessed by my vision 
  And if I would try one hundred thousand times 
  I'll still have to roll up that stone 
   
  Gravity grabs you by the hand and smiles 
  but who can contain your ambition? 
  and like a gambler's gamblin' all the time 
  you'll still have to roll up that stone 
  are you mother's favorite son? 
   
  Once you cross the borderline 
  the point of no return 
  you'll see the world through watchmen's eyes 
  you'll face the world as one 
  the borderline till kingdom come 
  should I stay or turn back home? 
   
  And still you'll keep rollin' that stone 
  are you mother's favorite son? 
   
  [humming]

The moment I wake up I'm already there
  and I will complete my mission
  and if I would try one hundred thousand times
  I'll still have to roll up that stone
  
  Once you cross that borderline
  the point of no return
  you'll see the world through watchmen's eyes
  you'll face the world as one
  and when it ends you'll have to burn
  and then you'll reach the sun
  
  And the kids, they'll be jugglin' your bones
  while your soul will travel on alone
  you'll ride that beam of light home
  yeah...
  
  With your mother and your brother
  and your father and your sister
  and the son of your daughter
  will call you mister mister
  with your brother and your sister
  and the cousin of your father
  and the neighbor of your uncle
  and the babies they will bother
  with the pink pony ridin' on the sky to the fountain
  of a big big mountain that they call big big mama
  
  Still you keep rollin' that stone
  rollin' that stone all alone
  rollin' that stone all alone
  still you keep rollin' that stone

(link)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home