December 20, 2003

For THOSE WHO DAIN'T KNOW

I just found out Eisengeiste means "Iron Mind," which does not argue the legitimacy of my contributions.


[Saved! Babelfish and my sister say it really means "iron spirit." -UttDC]

[Ahem. I spent way too many hours cramming German nouns and irregular verbs into my tiny mind to let this pass. Iron Spirit=Eisernergeist. Iron Spirits=Eisernegeister. You see, when "iron" is used as an adjective, rather than a noun, it must take the adjectival form "Eiserne" rather than nominative form "Eisen", else it be taken for a list of nouns. Further, the adjectival form must match the noun in case, number, and gender, hence, Iron Minds=Eiserne Gemüter.

Next lesson: "Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungen" (speed limits), "Antibabypillenknick" (Decline In Birth Rate Due To Wide-Spread Use Of Birth Control Pills and "Foose ist pedantisch." (Foose is pedantic.). - CSG]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home