January 14, 2004

IT'S OFFICIAL: HUMANS ARE SURPLUS BIO-CONSUMERS

Nature , that rag, reports a successful test of an analytical robotic scientist - already they are promised to "free scientists to make creative leaps," which also means: 99% of working scientists are unnecessary.

I don't even remember where I read this, but years ago I saw the prediction that it was the professions, rather than labor, that would be replaced by robotics. It's not hard to imagine that when a person is only producing an idea-product which is the result of a fairly straightforward set of logical operations that are easy to analogize, why on earth wouldn't they be replaced? And my first thought is that companies will see the distinct advantage of scientists without ethical qualms of any kind.

And so, I outline future human labor for the next 100 years:

Owning Capital
Chef
Silver Polishing
Lap Dancing
Microsurgeon
Busboy
Bartending
Prostitution

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home