June 14, 2004

Bumped with Celebrity

Yesterday, I arrived at the Cincinnati gate for my American Airlines flight home, yet again, for the 4th time in a row, bumped to standby without cause or explanation. The gate was also moved. I walked up to the gate and just asked the first person I saw in line if it was the right gate, who was facing the otherway. The shockingly beautiful woman responded positively. She was clearly stressed out, I think from having her flight cancelled earlier. (They should just change the name to American Cancelines.)

As I'm buying a container of orange Tic-Tacs for the first time in 20 years, I glance back over to note that she is on the cell phone discussing a salary arrangement and is dusting off her beige airport chair with a Kleenex. About this time it dawns on me that I've been chatting with Halle Berry, a fact confirmed by the guy next to me who says to his wife: "Did you see? - that's Halle Berry."

A transcript of my conversation with the lovely Oscar-winning Halle Berry:

Me (Walking up with blue bag and big shirt): "Is this the gate for the flight to Chicago?"

Halle Berry: "I think it's supposed to be."

Me: "It's a bit confusing."

Halle Berry: "It certainly is."

4 Comments:

Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 14, 2004 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

He- "Gosh I loved you in 'Monster'"

She- "What?"

June 14, 2004 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

Uhhh...didn't see that one.

June 14, 2004 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

Meeowwwww!

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800019906&cf=pg&photoid=495855&intl=us

June 15, 2004 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home