August 19, 2004

Sensitive Swift Boat Vets With Memory Issues

Here's NYTs fairly devastating history of the swift boat ad. It's had a small effect, but I still think that this ad is likely to backfire in a big way, particularly now that its run is through - forcing Bush's service to the agenda and more careful examination of the despicable Republican machine, just as Iraq re-re-explodes, the economy stumbles, and the 800 pound $50 crude oil gorilla is set to unleash during the GOP convention.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corresponding Secretary General said...

Bush's service?

I am an unfortunated member of that class that considers military service honorable, but I'm working to correct my thinking.

It just chaps my hide that the guy who came back from Vietnam with a passel of medals has to justify his service to the guy who spent the war, not honorably hiding out in Canada, but coked to the gills in Texas.

August 21, 2004 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home