September 05, 2004

America loves a winner, pt. 12

ESPN writer may collect "Troll of the Century" trophy for this article, which accuses those who hate the U.S. Olympic men's basketball team of racism. A few pithy remarks from the ensuing FARK thread:
  • "Funny, I didn't know that suck was a race."
  • "Black basketball players?? Wha...? I'm shocked!! How long has this been going on?"
  • "I hate the submitter for not realizing that this story is 3 weeks old."
  • 1) I dislike Basketball
    2) I love seeing millionaires lose
    It's not racism, it's a combination of disinterest and socioeconomic jealousy.
  • "well, at least everyone agrees they hate them."
  • "But...but I hated the whiny white coach, too!"
  • "Did anyone see the Nike King of the World 1 on 1 street basketball tournement? Some guy from France won. France."
  • "The Romans learned the lesson: don't fight your enemies too often or they will learn all your tricks."
  • "What the hell kind of country is this if I can only hate a man if he's white?"
  • "thank the good lord jesus H. christ that football is back."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home