November 21, 2004

Software is Not Dead

Life without Microsoft is not so bad. I looked up today and realized that about the only functionality I'm geeting from Microsoft is the OS on my laptop...

Not exactly new, but back from hiatus and a long tour of Europe and the sub-Continent, the fabulous Fusion 8.0 allows every video store, junk dealer, and hot dog stand to have a presentable website with a minimum of effort.

After two years I continue to enjoy Infoselect, which eliminates the need for Outlook and Outlook Express (which fought a relentless duel for supremacy with one another on our old Dell desktop), and provides Google-like search capabilities for e-mails, calendars, and miscellaneous notes.

With Mozilla pushing Exploder out of the mix, the only Microsoft product I regularly use is Excel, and I'm auditioning a replacement: Quantrix. It is very cool. It's so cool I can't make it do anything yet, except using their demo data, but I can tell it's good. And, as a bonus, I can work on all those old Lotus Improv spreadsheets I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home