November 24, 2004

"Tell us what you really think of Michael Powell, Tom."

I love a good pan, and Tom Shales is the master of the art. This week, he bitch slaps the FCC chairman:

"Powell belongs at the bottom of the barrel with the lowliest of the bunch [of FCC chairmen]. He is an agenda masquerading as a man, the proverbial pompous ass and, worse, a genuine threat to freedom of speech. But on CNBC, he was playing Santa Claus. 'I am still having fun,' he said merrily, as if that were part of the job. 'There are still things that are really significantly important to me to complete. Right now, I just have no plans of going anywhere.'

That's the problem. If he were looking for places to go, I could suggest one in a snap. But it's a four-letter word and, who knows, I might end up in jail."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home