December 03, 2004

Too bad it'll probably suck.

Finally the greatest comic of all time is making its way to the silver screen.

I remember seeing the script for this in 1990 (back when I frequented comic book shops) and in those days Terry Gilliam was supposedly slated to direct.

Alas, it's been my experience that projects like this don't improve with aging.

Interesting side note, this currently means that 2 of the top 10 Sci Fi films never made will actually have been made.

Only just like Aliens vs. Predator this too will probably suck.

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

The selection of director is a good indicator: Darren Aronofsky, who directed Pi and Requiem for a Dream, instead of some studio stooge, like the guys who ended up directing The Punisher and Daredevil. (Then again, I remind myself, even Ang Lee couldn't do anything for The Hulk.)

I notice up on IMDB that Aronofsky is slated to direct an adaptation of another great comic book: Lone Wolf and Cub. (Previously adapted as Shogun Assassin, the movie that the little girl in Kill Bill Vol. 2 insists on watching.)

December 3, 2004 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home