July 24, 2005

Good Pop Music

In my nightly denunciations of the state of music, I keep forgetting Morcheeba. Anyone with a pop bone in their body will like Morcheeba. They're excellent - smooth, laid back, but not "mellow." I have not an unkind word for them, everything I've heard has been Good Pop.

After careful investigation (I actually bought their CD), I have determined that despite the critical praise, you can skip Interpol. Or, more accurately, you probably don't need to buy the CD, since the better songs are here. If you really like C'mere you might want to investigate the band further. If not, forget it - that's as good as it gets.

The Chemical Brothers' new Push the Button is fine, but not a breakthrough or anything. The curse of high expectations.

But trust me on the Morcheeba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home