February 11, 2006

Google Being Evil III: The Sweet Smile of Surging Techno-Fascism

Google's Marissa Mayer
"We think this will be a very useful tool, but you will have to give up some of your privacy "
Marissa Mayer, VP Google


I've said for many years that private concentrations of power and information may be greater threats to freedom that government abuses -and it is the combination of mutually reinforcing massive concentrations of private-public power that is an essential condition of fascism. In the American instance, we may surrender our liberty to simple consumer convienience.

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Wow -- yesterday, I saw that when I was at work, and if I wasn't so busy that day I would have posted the same picture and quote. Talk about a bad PR (for them).

February 11, 2006 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home