May 26, 2006

Wanna Customize My Van...and I Don't Even Own One

Dr. X sends this through an intermediary in a safe house near Abbey Road Studios:

"This is from Audiophilia:

""The DEQX PDC - 2.6P -- A Revolution?

""Folks, I would like to refrain from being overly exuberant in my comments, but I can't. What I heard was truly amazing, jaw dropping, illuminating, eye opening, ear opening…well, you get the picture. Nothing I've ever introduced into what I would call a pretty good system produced such an enormous improvement to the quality of the sound. Not even close. I'm not going to go through listing specific CDs or LPs but simply say that whatever the source the improvements were consistent and wonderful.

""In my past experience, there have been many touted 'Black Boxes' that have been tried out in my system that purported to improve sound staging, dynamics, palpability of instruments and voices, harmonic accuracy, etc. Some worked to one degree or another but they all seemed to suffer from one major problem, a loss of clarity and transparency. Put more electronics in the chain and the sound always lost more than it gained…until now..."

"I, for one, will certainly purchase the DEQX PDC - 2.6P.""

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

As an addendum to:
"I, for one, will certainly purchase the DEQX PDC - 2.6P."

The review might also add:

"I, for one, will certainly have to pay money to get laid"

While I appreciate a good quality sound system as much as the next guy, this obsessive attention to detail, and dare I say it, the fetishization of the perfect reproduction of sound reminds me of another group:

Trainspotters.

Well, I'll you'll excuse me, I'm off to install a fresh set of tapered roller bearings in my new aluminum billet lower triple clamp (with anodized steering tube!)

May 27, 2006 at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home