October 01, 2006

A Pugacheva Miscellany

Dr. X posts this from the 8-track machine at the San Antonio Soviet Pop Music Appreciation Library:

"For the defense (see previous post), I present an apologist for Pugacheva. Certainly it is impressive to have a Finnish ocean liner (?!) named after you, and she was the last Peoples Honor Singer of the Soviet Union.

"For the prosecution, alas, the music (Realplayer clips at the bottom of the page). 'What can't be done by atom' does not live up to its promising title, and I found 'Our father bought a car' a bit disappointing. 'Applying all resources' has some admirable qualities, but I am not sure the singer is among them.

"When time permits I'm afraid a direct comparison of every relevant attribute will be necessary to determine whether she outshines Madonna. I pray I have the strength to live that long."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home