January 12, 2007

Note to Angela:

Dear Angela,

You stole my car yesterday, and my laptop.

Fortunately, you were seen, and the Man is looking for you. You are apparently well known by now.

I am not without a certain respect for an 18-year old redhead meth fiend who steals Hondas in front of public libraries, who even the police describe as "hot," although "preppy." (Note to Steller.) But knock it off.

You were kind enough to leave my car to be found in fair condition less than a day later, sans camera, little cd player and the cassette to 1/8 stereo converter. Bad shock when you discovered I still have a tape deck. I relish your disappointment. Did you even recognize what it was?

You left your sweaters, as well as a down vest you boosted from Kavu. But you had no right to leave your Madonna and The Crow soundtrack cd in my car. This is beyond the pale. I must say that your poor taste in music was only exceeded by your taste in sweaters.

Enjoy my 4 year old laptop. I hope it explodes.

Entirely Uncharmed,

First Sea Lord

5 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Clap 'em in irons!

January 13, 2007 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

I neglected to mention certain facts:

She did NOT take the Yeah Yeah Yeahs cd, or the all-tape version of Rembrance of Things Past, or the mysterious and powerful holly branch.

I must speak to a certain decline in the culture education of our meth addicts.

January 13, 2007 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

Too bad popmonkey does not post here often, his tale of a gun wielding tweaker stealing his craptastic Taurus station wagon (while leaving his camera and laptop behind) would warm the cockles of your heart.

And if you need a 4 year old laptop, I do have a spare...

January 14, 2007 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Undersecretary to the Deputy Commissariat said...

My condolences. I hope they find this meth-trollop and garnish her earnings within an inch of her life.

January 14, 2007 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger GT said...

NEVER LEAVE YOUR LAPTOP IN YOUR CAR. Leave laptop decoy time bombs if you don't want this to happen again.

January 23, 2007 at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home