March 31, 2007

In Which I Just Wanted to Know which Network Connections Checkbox to Uncheck.

10:38:23 AM DELL Unfortunately the only thing we can do is try a system restore.
10:38:47 AM jamie bollenbach That would eliminate most of my software.
10:39:51 AM jamie bollenbach I've done them before, and found them useful, but it's kind of a cannon for a mosquito here isn't it?
10:40:08 AM DELL System restore will not eliminate your software.
10:41:32 AM jamie bollenbach It will not eliminate open-source software I've downloaded and installed in the last three weeks since I installed earthlink?
10:41:54 AM DELL I apologize what I meant to say was it will but you can always go back and reverse it.

4 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

If you need help, call me...

March 31, 2007 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

Have you tried soaking the computer in warm soapy water?

March 31, 2007 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

Warm, soapy water? No...

Ethelyne Glycol, yes.

Tips for folks trying to build a silent PC using liquid cooling: check for leaks first.

(Or "How I spent April Fools day")

April 1, 2007 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

As it eventually turned out, 1 hour later, I was able to uncheck the correct box, which was hidden in IE, which I never use.

System restore this, Dell!

But thank you = my computer is now squeeky clean and tastes like Dr. Pepper.

April 1, 2007 at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home