February 06, 2008

Pro-bama in Seattle

Suddenly, Washington State and it's 97 delegates are in the national spotlight as Barack Obama drew even with Hilary Clinton, and took slightly more delegates on Super Tuesday.

Just a quick read here: there has been little Washington State polling - the only one I saw, about a week ago, had Obama up by 15. But this state has gone back to caucuses, and these seem to be favoring the Obama campaign, with it's flexible, fast organization and fever-pitch enthusiasm, in particular among younger minority voters of all kinds. (I have yet to meet a Clinton supporter here who is not 1) receiving Social Security, or 2) a long-time Democratic Party official ).

Super Tuesday proved him as skilled a politician as Clinton, which is likely to erase lingering doubts among the value of their comparative experiences. Enthusiasm for participation is at fever pitch - every other conversation I hear is about this, and almost always Pro-bama, to coin a phrase.

My guess: he'll take Washington State by about 20-23 percent, and this is at something of a tipping point, with the nation leaving Super Tuesday in surprising balance. Because of the states involved, it may be weeks before Clinton gets another big win.

3 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

See this link:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/contribute_c/sincefeb5_email/graphic

It shows how much Obama has raised since the polls closed on Tuesday. At the time that I posted this comment, it was approaching $6.5 million.

February 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

I noticed last night that the OBama servers were down for over an hour- yowza.

February 7, 2008 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

I'm already packing my sack-lunch for the caucuses on Saturday. I also talked a friend into coming so I get an extra brownie!

February 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home