June 08, 2009

A Sad Passing

My Mom died 2 weeks ago after a very short but bloody struggle with ALS. She was a fucking awesome mom and a top-notch technical editor. Obituary Below.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theolympian/obituary.aspx?n=margaret-johanna-nielsen-evans-maggie&pid=128090741

Incidentally, my father also died of ALS. They were both diagnosed when they were 83. I guess I'd better get that "Trip to Europe" done before I hit 80. It is extremely rare for this disease to hit a husband-and-wife couple.

I intend to write a more lengthily Bio about my Mom but right now I'm still a bit rattled.

Love to you all,

Eric

3 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Very sorry to hear it, Eric. Thanks for sharing the obit with us.

June 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger The Front said...

Sad news, take care of yourself sir.

June 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

We grieve with you, Eric.

June 10, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home