October 29, 2009

Dear Dr. Kapital

Dr. Kapital knows his stuff, and does something about it. Do you have a question for Dr. Kapital about the Economy? Let's ask and hope he answers.


Dear Dr. Kapital, 


I keep hearing about the terrible risk of Wall Street "losing talent," if we don't pay them 1000 or 10,000 times what an equally intelligent doctor, teacher or plumber makes.  Of course, with a Master's degree and all, I feel perfectly capable of losing several billion dollars myself. Are these people really unusually skilled?  If talent was really it, why not fire them all these idiots that failed, and hire a bunch of grad students who I'm sure would figure it out in a while?

- Unemployed in Greenland

 Dear Dr. Kapital, 


Is our vision of American ingenuity and entrepreneurship now a myth?  The modern American success story now always seems like "I was working on this great idea in the garage and then I called up my venture capitalist pals I met at boarding school."


--Edison in Tacoma


Dear Dr. Kapital, 


Credit Unions basically rock. And they don't fail. Why can't we organize the whole fucking financial system around this model?


-Looking for an ATM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home