October 24, 2010

The Laird Recommends: Field Gulls

Field Gulls is a community site for Seahawks fans hosted by SB Nation. The guy in charge (meaning the one guy SB Nation actually pays to write there) is a remarkably talented young writer named John Morgan. (His first book was published earlier this year.)

This is from his post-game analysis of today's victory over the Cardinals:

I do want to know what this offense can accomplish post-Matt, because it excites me. It excites me and frustrates me because it's teased and withdrawn. I'm not saying Hasselbeck is a Maitresse like figure paying strangers to piss on my face and hammering nails through my cock, but there is, to be crude about it, a feeling of mounting blue balls developing about this entire season. Not to project doom and gloom, but there really is no promise that Williams signs with Seattle, that Williams continues playing at this level, that this amazing talent that Seattle bumbled into through the force of Pete Carroll's charisma and connections and power to inspire, will be amazing forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home