May 17, 2015

Remembering Baghdad Bob

Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is still alive, to the best of our knowledge, but apparently in ill health.  I find myself thinking a lot of him lately, and not just because, whenever I am attacked in Civilization, I use his line:  "our preliminary assessment is that they will all die."

The Atlantic had a piece a couple of years back about how some of the things he said did come true, one way or another.  

Anyway, now we have our own:
The key Iraqi city of Ramadi fell to ISIS on Sunday after government security forces pulled out of a military base on the west side of the city, the mayor and a high-ranking security official said...  Some U.S. officials have tried recently to downplay the significance of Ramadi, saying they are not focused on the city.  (link)

Where I come from, we call that losing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home