September 29, 2018

Down payment on a discussion of subtle humor

Ok, I've never been a big fan of subtle humor, but I have always thought Wendy Liebman was a singular talent:




Here she is during her comeback following a serious car accident in 2014:




She did appear on America's Got Talent, and Howard Stern did bring her back on a wildcard, so I guess she's not invisible.  And sometimes she is so smart and and subtle that I find I'm appreciating her cleverness but not laughing.

That's the problem with subtle humor - it's hard to be the GREATEST subtle anything, because we're accustomed to thinking of greatness as a kind of exhibitionism.  Making a living as comedy headliner, as Liebman has, deserves some kind of award.

Something understated, of course.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Oh yeah I forgot about her.

September 29, 2018 at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home