July 29, 2004

"Goddamn, He Makes Me Want to Boogie"

I saw the speech an incredibly well organized D (!) event in downtown Seattle. This was what the elder of the African American fellows next to me was saying in the middle of the stunning Kerry speech, while the younger guy kept going: "He's saying it! He's saying it! Godammit, He's FINALLY SAYING IT!" and began actually boogying. That was it, that's what it felt like.

I've never seen a room full of Democrats so thrilled (in Seattle, it's often a rather backbiting lefty crew in person) At least with the base here, it totally killed, starting with Alexandra Kerry's "Licorice the Doomed Hamster" story, which I must admit had me with idle thoughts of getting her phone number. (Fat chance, G.) The CNN had the conservative analyst from the New York Post saying "I think we've just seen the inaugural address".

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

I like the speach, but I wanted him to say:

"I would like to address this directly to President Bush: I'm comin' for yo ASS!"

July 30, 2004 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home