June 02, 2005

Just to Refresh Your Memory

Mitchell: Well, Pat Buchanan said, repeatedly, in interviews in the last 24 hours, that Mark Felt was a traitor and that he was responsible for the loss of Vietnam and the, “holocaust in Cambodia,” because by bringing down Richard Nixon...

Bradlee: Mark Felt was?

Mitchell: That Mark Felt, by bringing down Richard Nixon cost this country Vietnam and Cambodia.

Bradlee: Well, that's wrong on so many levels. I mean, Richard Nixon brought down Richard Nixon. There wasn't anybody else involved.

And I must say that the tape, the Nixon tape about Mark Felt, just fascinates me. The first thing he says is, “Is he a Jew?” What the hell does that have to do with it?

Mitchell: Which turned out not to be true but...

Bradlee: No.

Mitchell: It was their false conclusion in any case.

Bradlee: But actually, Haldeman told him that he wasn't — yeah. Haldeman said he was a Catholic and that's not true either, I understand.

2 Comments:

Blogger Corresponding Secretary General said...

If I should have a son, I would name him Benjamin Franklin Bradlee. I love that guy.

Oh, and Jason Robards too.

June 2, 2005 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger JAB said...

I'm sorry, wasn't it Nixon that laid down about a gazillion bombs on Cambodia, killing several gazillion, which lead, strangely enough, to it's destabilization and even more gazillions dead?

Buchanon, STFU. Nixon wasn't complex, he wasn't conflicted, he was an horrible, cynical, rascist, criminal, socially stunted motherfuckerplex.

June 2, 2005 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home