September 30, 2005

The Legend Grows

These kids today love that Ron Burgundy movie. Finally saw it on HBO tonight - far better than I expected. And, I discover, my co-workers are quoting the movie routinely.

[After a gang war against the other area news teams.]

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast!
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch!
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart!
Ron Burgundy: I saw that! Brick killed a guy! Did you throw a trident?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!
Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home