September 11, 2005

The Prepared Golfer

Some people make golf out to be a difficult game. This is nonsense - golf is a game easily mastered, once the right equipment is employed. Here are the clubs in my bag, which allowed me to win the Hunter's Point Amateur Open in 2003:
  • Orlimar Tri-Metal 3 Wood - As the review says, "this club can hit the ball a long ways." This is the club I use when I want to hit the ball far.
  • Irons? I threw the irons out of my bag! I replaced #s 1-5 with the Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood Hybrid-Graphite Shaft, and iron shots are a breeze. I've had people walk off the course and leave their betting money behind after seeing that one in my bag!
  • Yes, there are people who think the big manufacturers are the place to go for superior golfing performance. Those people are losers. When I go to the bag for a mid-range iron shot, I use The Perfect Accuracy from The Perfect Club Company. Look at that man's face - is that the face of a loser? I ask you.
  • Face Forward FR2 Wedge - As everyone knows, a strong short game is the key to victory in golf (just think of all the golf champions who were known for their incredible short games). When I'm within 100 yards of the hole, I grab my FR2 and get ready to score!
  • Callaway Odyssey 2-Ball Putter - "Drive for show, putt for dough." Three-putts are a thing of the past with this baby. I hit the ball, it goes in the hole, simple as that. Although I might still go with one of those really long ones that look strange. But why be eccentric for its own sake - excellence is the name of the game here.
So now you know. You don't have to lose. Losing is a habit born of a reluctance to spend money on innovative new golfing products. Don't let it happen to you!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this Dr. X, but...

Golf is a social disease.

September 11, 2005 at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home