March 27, 2006

Reality Intrudes. The Situation is Excellent. I Pursue My Dream.

I am sorry to say to you that this will be my last post of a time. I have had the news today that I am no longer to play a role in this firm OMA because of the failing of the architecture examination seven times.

Also it was a factor that the postage and photocopy budget allocation, over which I was responsible directly, was of variance of 47,000 Euros YTD. This is the price of my loyalty to Doctor X, but they say this will not be a prosecution matter.

Needless to say, it all saddens me. It was always my dream to be here and learn of the architecture of Mr. Koolhaas. But now I see something I should have realized all along, that something is lacking in him:

The image “http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/DoctorX/saintly-rem.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

There are better dreams. As I am participating in this exchange of views, I realize that I am in the wrong place, too. Your President said last week, "we are a nation of immigrants," and "a nation of laws." And this makes me realize I must go too, to California, the place I dream of - to San Mateo, with its magnificent minimalist bridge:

The image “http://www.mtc.ca.gov/images/bridges/san_mateo_hayward(thm).jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

San Mateo - the home of Joseph Eichler's dreamland in the clouds. I will go there, see it for myself and make my way.

I will post again after I have arrived.

(Mr. Laird, as I have no further resources to assist him, I suggest you wire funds for a plane ticket to Dr. X - his last communique was from a place called Bolobo, perhaps there is a Western Union office there...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home