October 01, 2006

Anyone Want Some Battle-Hardened Wisdom?

Dr. X posts this from the Goodwill Store in Mountain View:

"Before I give my books away I like to troll on Amazon, on the threadbare hope that someone will want to buy something I have read. As there is not much market for Dutch treatises on the development of Techno in Namibia, I am usually disappointed.

"Here are the lowest current asking prices for some of the books I have for sale:
  • Dark Star Safari (hardcover), by Paul Theroux, $7.99
  • Amish Society, by John Hostetler, $5.89
  • In An Uncertain World (hardcover), by Robert Rubin: $1.86
  • The Rumsfeld Way: The Leadership Wisdom of a Battle-Hardened Maverick (hardcover), by Jeffrey Krames: $0.01
"Draw your own conclusions..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Corresponding Secretary General said...

I'll double the price. I need something rough to wipe my ass with.

Actually, if it has photos, I'll pay even more.

October 1, 2006 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home