May 01, 2007

In Which I Suspect We Have Lost the Art of the Party

As I restrain myself with some difficulty of commenting on the bongos, here are more World WarII era SF photos, this time from the nightclubs section at the S.F. Public Library. This is from 1942. The extensive image list is here.

Bopping around to techno seems pretty tame.

Here is a shot of a theatrical shell flying across across the packed room at a place called Slapsie Maxie's, and what must be a shot of Mack Brain about to move in on Viscount Phillerph Von Phorffer Van Der Forfen's action at Bal Tabarin.

2 Comments:

Blogger popmonkey said...

lets rectify this giant lapse in reason this saturday when i head into the downslope of my years!

you're all invited!

May 2, 2007 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

I will be sad to miss this as I am already scheduled for partying in Seattle - but don't neglect the correct application of the bongos!

May 2, 2007 at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home