January 18, 2008

An Undecided Voter

Honestly, I don't know who I'm going to vote for in the upcoming presidential primary.

I can't seem to make up my mind. I will either vote for Barack Obama or John Edwards, but more specific than that, I can't get.

If left to my own devices, I'll tend towards Obama. Then, while spouting my own opinions on issues, my wife points out to me that Edwards agrees with me. Or, I read a Paul Krugman column, shedding a hard light on Obama's less-than-bold positions. Exhibit A: health care. How much of a visionary can he be if he can't even envision coverage for all Americans?

Then, I'll actually see Edwards on TV or YouTube or wherever. I can't stand his fake smile, smirky expressions, or false Southern charm.

So I dunno. We all agree that substance should trump style, until we see a contest between style we like without substance pitted against style we hate with substance.

2 Comments:

Blogger popmonkey said...

christ you're picky. his smirk?

i'm picking obama tho because i frankly don't give a flying fuck about health care over the next 4 years.

what i want is a candidate that can undo the damage bush did to our relations with the world. even if he's just a good looking brown person with a strange name; that alone would make america look like what it actually could be. a great forward thinking civilization not some fucking bible thumping imperialist piece of shit.

that's what matters to me now. the rest will follow.

and maybe... just maybe it'll even become true.

call me shallow and pathetic, but i don't want to be a bully... i never did...

January 19, 2008 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

I honestly don't mind picking a candidate based on shallow reasons.

Why? Because I think it matters to the vast majority of the electorate.

And I think "electability" should factor into my choice of a candidate.

In case you couldn't tell, my main issue is not health care, or special interests. My main issue is that the next President not be a Republican under any circumstances

January 22, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home