March 13, 2010

Alaskan Like You



I've come to an unexpected realization: I don't hate Don Young, anymore.

In my parents waning years, I listened more to what the old-timers had to say, and I suppose it made more more nostalgic for their past. For his many many (many), faults, Don Young is the genuine article. As close to a "real Alaskan" as a white man can get. A real right-wing crank in a Republican party full of cynical huckster playing to the cranks.

Sometimes you can't help for feeling sympathy for a dying breed, even if you think the world will be a better place for that breed dying off.

2 Comments:

Blogger JAB said...

Don Young: Jay Hammond

as

Star Trek V: Star Trek

March 15, 2010 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger VMM said...

Oh, not even in the same universe, I think...

March 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home