July 31, 2010

Gettin' to be that time again

July is ending not a moment too soon. (I am so over July already.) NFL teams are in training camp, but many of us are not cringing with every new injury report. "OMFG -- Dez Bryant sprained his ankle in the first day of camp!" "DeSean Jackson was carted off the field and will probably spend the season in a body cast!" "Cedric Benson is having his head surgically re-attached to his body! (Listed as probable for the season opener.)"

Yeah, it's fantasy football time, yo!

My 2009 Yahoo! league champion t-shirt is mocking you all. (Did you even know there was a choice of t-shirt or bobble-head at stake last year? Would it have improved your play? Yeah, didn't think so.)

If you've got the patience to read this blog, you're qualified to be in the league. Actually, since we're hoping to have more than six people, that's not an actual requirement. If interested, post a comment or send me an email, or knock on my door anytime of day or night, or stalk me outside my place of work. There is no money involved (Eisengeiste does not condone illegal activities like betting on sports or vandalizing people's iPhones or shooting the neighbor's rooster), just bragging rights and your choice of a t-shirt or bobble-head which will arrive so long after the end of the season you'll have forgotten all about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Front said...

If there's a lockout, do points scored by scab players in strike-breaking games count in the League?

July 31, 2010 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

I'm in. Gotta get me one o' them bobbleheads.

August 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd be interested in participating. Just let me know what to do.

August 17, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home